What is MusicEd Blogs?
MusicEd Blogs is a collection of the best music education blogs from around the internet. We cover general music education, band, choir, strings, music education methodologies, and more. Our blogs are relevant to elementary, middle school, and high school music teachers.
Are you a music educator interested in having your blog posts featured on MusicEd Blogs? Read our agreement form.
Get connected! Follow us on Facebook to get updates on new posts from all our bloggers!
Check the blogroll below for the latest music education posts. You can also look through our contributing blogs by visiting the Members page.
- 5 Patriotic Music Program IdeasI'm pretty patriotic and I love to have my students sing songs about America. That's why I've come up with Five Patriotic Music Program Ideas you can easily put together for your school. Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, and President's Day are great opportunities to pay respect, honor and celebrate our American ... read more
- Summertime for Teachers: A Time to Purge, Plan and PrepareThe long awaited summer's here and it's the perfect time for teachers to purge, plan and prepare for the coming school year. If you're like me, you're lowering your shoulders a bit, de-stressing and doing things you don't get to do during the school year. I try to get out ... read more
- Kids Discover Music Careers – Part 1 – Piano AccompanistHas your child always wondered about what it would be like to have a music career? Have they wondered how to pursue these different careers and what steps to take to get there? In this 7 part series, we will be taking a closer look at what it is really ... read more
- MUSIC CLASS EGG SHAKER ACTIVITIESEaster and Spring are just around the corner-for me spring is already blooming in the desert and the trees are blooming as well as all of the desert cactus. It's a great time to reinforce music class concepts and add movement for the spring wiggles. I hope you'll keep reading to ... read more
- Make An Ocean Drum for World Oceans DayHave you heard of World Oceans Day? Celebrated annually on June 8th, it’s an internationally recognized and celebrated day to learn, share, preserve and promote one of our most magnificent resources, the oceans and seas. The World Oceans Days website (link below) is a wealth of information – including research ... read more
- Our Music Sunday Service
- Down to the Baker’s Shop
- Dance Playlist: 2017 editionLast year I shared my favorite kid-friendly, school appropriate songs to use for dance parties that are also cool enough for older kids. My students in kindergarten through 6th grade were all happy with those songs every time I used the playlist! I'm back again with more upbeat dance songs ... read more
- Books to Help Little Kids with Big EmotionsWhile there are many things I absolutely love about 3-5 year olds, the overwhelming bursts of emotion they go through on a daily basis can often be.... well.... challenging to deal with. Similar to puberty, kids this age usually to go through a phase where their emotions are often more ... read more
- Out with School – On with Learning!Just because school is out for the summer doesn’t mean the learning has to stop. You can keep your child’s brain active while still having fun and enjoying their time off. Try these different activities to help maintain your child’s reading, writing, math and science skills! Reading Skills Find ... read more