What is MusicEd Blogs?
MusicEd Blogs is a collection of the best music education blogs from around the internet. We cover general music education, band, choir, strings, music education methodologies, and more. Our blogs are relevant to elementary, middle school, and high school music teachers.
Are you a music educator interested in having your blog posts featured on MusicEd Blogs? Read our agreement form.
Get connected! Follow us on Facebook to get updates on new posts from all our bloggers!
Check the blogroll below for the latest music education posts. You can also look through our contributing blogs by visiting the Members page.
- Using Camp Fire Songs in Elementary MusicSome of my fondest memories are of summer camp! I attended many summer music camps and loved all of the traditions, silliness, and singing! I still remember the songs we sang before a meal, around the camp fire, or with friends! Singing camp fire songs can be a great source ... read more
- The Introverted Choir Director: 8 Tips for SurvivalPlease note: some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you decide to purchase through any of them, I will earn a small commission. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue creating free content. Thank you for your support!Are you an introvert ... read more
- End of Year Tidying Up for Music TeachersIn October of 2014, Marie Kondo’s The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up was published, and a sudden frenzy for de-cluttering was born. Though I never read the book, it was referenced in TV shows and other media so many times that it was impossible to ignore. For some teachers, this ... read more
- Voice and Choice: It Starts With the Little ThingsI recently had a conversation with someone about what “voice and choice” looks like in an instrumental music classroom. I think their assumption was that incorporating student voice and choice was a massive change, something completely different. While a lot of the mindset behind voice and choice does stray far ... read more
- South High Soundscapes
- 3 Excellent Music Teacher Professional Development IdeasAs teachers, we’re always looking for new ways to grow and learn. Summer is the perfect time to take a break from teaching and to find opportunities for growth. Maybe you’re wanting to find new ideas for next school year or are wondering what professional development you should take. Maybe ... read more
- Dance Playlist 2018I love having upbeat, modern songs with positive lyrics (pre-censoring) to use for all kinds of things in my classroom, whether it's dance games, play-along's, or end-of-year slideshows and field day music, and I love having these on repeat at home too! If you haven't seen them yet, you'll definitely ... read more
- Easy Asian Recipes for Warm DaysNow that the weather is warming up, I'm excited to pull out some of my favorite warm weather recipes- the ones that require minimal cooking and are cool and refreshing to eat! If you're looking for some new weeknight meals to try this spring and summer, here are a few ... read more
- Performance Ready? A Music Teacher’s Guide for Concert PreparationMy choir just had their final concert of the year this past Tuesday. I’ve been teaching for 22 years and know everything I’m supposed to do when it comes to concert prep, right? Um, no. In fact, I woke up at 2:30 am on the day of the performance in ... read more
- Musical Twister Game!... read more