What is MusicEd Blogs?
MusicEd Blogs is a collection of the best music education blogs from around the internet. We cover general music education, band, choir, strings, music education methodologies, and more. Our blogs are relevant to elementary, middle school, and high school music teachers.
Are you a music educator interested in having your blog posts featured on MusicEd Blogs? Read our agreement form.
Get connected! Follow us on Facebook to get updates on new posts from all our bloggers!
Check the blogroll below for the latest music education posts. You can also look through our contributing blogs by visiting the Members page.
- Four Fun Activities For Chinese New Year!I’m part of the Multicultural Kids Blog Hop for Chinese or Lunar New Year! I hope you enjoy these activities and also get a chance to check out all the other great posts below! There’s lots to do, read, create and explore at this exciting time of year. Here are ... read more
- Celebrating Black History Month in the Music RoomThere are so many ways to honor Black History Month in the Music Room - Spirituals, code songs from the Underground Railroad, and Civil Rights Anthems! Find ways to incorporate songs to celebrate Black History Month! The post Celebrating Black History Month in the Music Room appeared first on Sing ... read more
- Pre-Twinkle Suzuki Violin Practice Games: Listening ChallengeAre you looking for Suzuki violin practice games? Finding creative ways to get students to practice is never out of season. Finding creative ways to get them to listen to their Suzuki CD is even more important. This is a ready Suzuki violin game to keep them on track. Very easy to do ... read more
- What Do You Do?When striking up a new acquaintance, sharing what we do for work is nearly always one of the first things we talk about. I have always responded by saying that I’m a music ... read more
- Statue GameDo you have movers and shakers in your music room? Those that wander around, roll in their seat, and are always moving? To help lessen the movement during "concentration" parts of the lesson, I love to play the statue game. We use it when listening, singing, and more.When listening to ... read more
- Four Pieces for Lent: A New Handbell CollectionLent is a season of reflection, sacrifice, and cleansing. “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.” (Psalm 51:10) ... read more
- 2019 Book ListOne of my favorite things to do this time of year is make a list of books I’d like to read in the year ahead.If you’ve been following along with me for a while, you know I don’t always ... read more
- Alle Eendjes for the Elementary Music Classroom
- How do you "do" vocal dictation/exploration within your classroom?1. I posted a video on my facebook site - @o for tuna orff this morning so go check out some other things to do. Check it out here!2. Vocal Exploration to Staff NotationClick here for previous blog posts about vocal exploration including ... read more
- Mid-Year Review in Elementary MusicWe're just coming back from break and it's time to get back into the swing of things! I always start off in January with some time to review the fundamentals I introduced to each grade in the fall. Between the chaos of December and the break from school, everyone gets ... read more