What is MusicEd Blogs?
MusicEd Blogs is a collection of the best music education blogs from around the internet. We cover general music education, band, choir, strings, music education methodologies, and more. Our blogs are relevant to elementary, middle school, and high school music teachers.
Are you a music educator interested in having your blog posts featured on MusicEd Blogs? Read our agreement form.
Get connected! Follow us on Facebook to get updates on new posts from all our bloggers!
Check the blogroll below for the latest music education posts. You can also look through our contributing blogs by visiting the Members page.
- #OneWord 2019 | MindfulI have been thinking a lot lately about my #OneWord for 2019.JOY was a great word for 2018, and I found JOY in lots of things and interactions.I loved seeing the JOY on my 3 year olds face when we were playing, or he was discovering new things, or he got to "push my ... read more
- Music Teacher Tips and TricksI’m really excited about a new collaboration project that involves YOU! I strongly believe that we all have something to share. And as a teacher, I know you have experienced that “one” tip or trick that has made all the difference. Whether it’s teaching tips, lesson planning, organizational skills, behavior ... read more
- Teaching with a PurposeGoals and Mission As an elementary music educator for 30 years in the public school system in Nashville, Tennessee, I had the privilege of being a part of the lives of thousandss of children. My mission/goal for my classroom was to provide my students first and foremost with a safe ... read more
- Let’s Get Back to the Basics: A Free 5-Day Workshop for Church Musicians & Music EducatorsIt’s the first week of the New Year and let me guess:You’re looking back at 2018 and feeling a little worn out. You feel scattered. Your teaching approach feels haphazard and reactionary, and you wish you’d been a little more consistent these past few months.You want 2019 to be ... read more
- Using Thematic Learning in the Music Room
- My Top 10 Music Education Blog Posts from 2018When I started this blog a couple years ago, I never realized how much fun I would have writing each post. There’s so much on my heart to share with all of you and I really pour my hear into every post I write. My passion has always been to ... read more
- Phase 3: Ideas and Strategies for Marketing and Promoting a Self-Published Music Teacher Education Book
- Building Your Music Classroom Wishlist
- New Years – 26 Hours Long?!Do you know there are 38 different local times in use around the world? Therefore it takes 26 hours for the New Year to actually be celebrated by all on Earth! Did you also know that New Year's is not always January 1? Chinese New Year is celebrated not by calendar year ... read more
- Top Five Blog Posts of 20182018 marks the first full calendar year that I have been blogging, and what a year it’s been! I have found tremendous value in writing and looking back at the blog stats, others have too. Inspired by other “Top 5” posts, here are my five most-read blog posts from 2018. ... read more